Who we are:
What information we collect and how:
The information we collect via this website may include:
- (1) Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.
- (2) Your IP address (this is your computer's individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website.
- (3) Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- (4) Session information stored in cookies, these do not include any personal information and are used to ensure the correct data is extracted from the database
when using our interactive systems.
- (5) Any additional information you submit whilst using our online claims portal.
Please note that some elements of this website are managed and operated by our Group Head office in France, and therefore will be subject to the following:
In accordance with French data protection legislation of January 6, 1978 as amended by the Act of August 6, 2004 (articles 38-43 of Act no. 78-17 of January 6, 1978
concerning "Information Technology, Files and Freedom of Information") you have the right to access, change, correct or delete information that refers to you by name.
To exercise this right, you should write to the Group Communication Department, SPB, 106-108 rue de la Boetie - 75008 Paris - FRANCE.
For information on France's data protection legislation, please visit the website of the French Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés at www.cnil.fr.
What we do with your information:
Any personal information we (SPB UK & Ireland) collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws.
The details we collect will be used:
- (1) To process any insurance related services or to provide any customer support. We may also pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver
products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service for example the provision of repairs as part of a claim;
- (2) To comply with legal requirements.
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our site and issuing our e-mails for us. Rest assured that third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
(1) You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by emailing email@example.com or by writing to us at our customer services address in (2) below. However, please
note that we may need to keep some personal data in our files for regulatory purposes.
(2) You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address, enclosing
a cheque for £10 payable to SPB UK & Ireland Ltd to cover our administration costs:
Customer Services (Data Subject Request)
SPB UK & Ireland
Isambard Brunel Road
Once we have received both your letter and payment, we will respond to you within forty days of receipt.